Saturday, December 23, 2006

Pass!

I went for my law test - the theory part, this morning with Kelvin. The instructor told us to be ready by 0900, so I reached Kelvin’s house at 0855 and guess what? The instructor came at 0930. Typical Malaysian time isn’t it?

I was nervous all the way before I took the test because I was thinking that, if I failed it, I’ll have to re-sit for it over and over again till I passed it. When my mum said that her sister’s brother-in-law’s daughter took the test for over 8 times but still not able to pass. Her dad resort to bribing the examiners to pass her daughter. I wouldn’t want that to happen to me as well… so when my name was called, I crossed my fingers and entered the exam room. I took 22 minutes to finish the test and was worried because there were quite a number of questions which I do not understand but just randomly mark my answer.

I passed the test, a lucky one I’d say. I get 42/50. Mum said that I should be give thanks to God for passing me as I had not even studied for the test. I told her I did study for the test. But to think of it, that was 3 months ago and I had forgotten everything by then. Miracles happen around us, just that we hardly notice it ourselves… Anyway, I'll be facing boredom for a duration of six hours tomorrow, on the process just to get a driving license of my own... But I won't have any car to drive. What's the point of it?

I finished watching the anime Chobits today(started watching 1 week ago) though it is an old anime. The story begins on the life of Hideki Motosuwa, a repeat student attempting to get into university by studying at the Seki prep school in Tokyo. An honest and unassuming teenager raised in a farm, he has little experience with women, though his imagination and libido are both quite active. He often talked to himself and was regarded as someone insane by the citizens of the city.

Besides wanting a girlfriend, the other thing he dreams of having is a persocom. A Persocom is an android in the shape of a human but is a personal computer. Hideki discovers that persocoms are common in the city. They are programmed with fairly subdued personalities and assist their owners with are easily identifiable by the large ears (data ports) on the sides of their heads, and is also able to collect emails, make phone calls, surfing the internet and many more.

But persocoms costs a bomb and Hideki does not have the money to purchase one, so he figures the only way he'll ever have one is if he were to find one lying on the curb. No sooner has he thought of this, it happens: on his way home from the grocery store one evening, he stumbles across a persocom in the form of a naked beautiful young girl with blonde long hair, wrapped in cloth (more to bandage cloth), lying on a pile of trash bags. He thought that it was a murder but upon closer inspection, he realized that she had ears like the persocoms he had seen in the shops earlier, he carries her home and had not noticed that a disk dropped as he walks away. He finally turns her on and she comes instantly to life and regards Hideki with adoration, hugging him often and was fascinated by him as she often mimics the things he does, but the only word she ever says is "chi", so Hideki named her Chii.

Hideki requested the help of his newfound friend Shinbo to try to figure out the origin of Chi since he is quite an expert in the current technology. Shinbo owns a smaller persocom of his own by the name Sumomo. All they could found out was that Chii does not have any operating system installed. Shinbo is perplexed as to how she's able to be active at all with a blank memory. Thus, he told Hideki to look for Minoru, another expert with persocoms.

Meanwhile Hideki takes it upon himself to teach everything he knew like words, concepts and behavior to Chii while he attends school; he found a part-time job in a Japanese pub – My Pleasure, and makes a number of new friends. He finds himself putting aside his libido and protecting Chii against people who want her for themselves; he buys her a storybook even though he needs a dictionary badly, in which she seems to take an unusual interest; she showed him unconditional love and cheered for him through his studies. Soon, it's clear that Chi is developing feelings for Hideki to a level that persocoms aren't supposed to be able to have, and Hideki seems to be falling in love with her, despite his friends' warnings against having feelings for an artificial person – it will not bear any fruit as persocoms are persocoms, they can never be humans.













This one looks like Chii, just that she doesn't have the ears of a perscom. I am sure I have seen this picture before… somewhere.

Not too long ago, while I was busy over something, she nudged me at msn and started a conversation. I used a wrong usage of words by telling her I’m busy currently and had made her cried for 4 days without myself knowing until she told me about it and said it was I who caused her to cry when I questioned who made her cry. Then I recalled the way I talked to her over msn 4 days ago and apologized over and over. I mean come on; it’s just an online relationship, why would someone be so sensitive to some words and cry over someone they had not met before? Such is complicated and beyond my understanding. Sigh…

2 comments:

NSDS3HvLDjJd said...

Congrats.

zomg long post.

Anonymous said...

I gave you that picture, with me in there. It's been a long time.. just hope u treasured those moments.