Monday, August 07, 2006

5th August, Saturday

I received a call today from Jeffrey at 2pm, asking me if I am free to go out. Yes was my immediate reply. But I misunderstood what he meant as I thought he meant going to the ‘Kuching Festival’ at this hour. Met up with Jin Thad, You Foo, Li Wei, Edmund, Francis and Alvin at the ‘HQ’. Jeffrey and Jin Thad played the pokemon trading card while waiting for the rest to get ready. Then we split into 2 groups. Jin Thad, Jeffrey, You Foo and me in a group and the others in another group. We went to pick Kelvin up from the hair salon on the way while the other group went to the cinema to get the tickets for us.
We watched:
I missed the front part :( because I was smsing with her since the time Jeffrey came to fetch me. AND because of that, Jin Thad teased me and said “in the car, our handphones did not even make a single sound while yours kept beeping non-stop.” I became wordless but managed to say "my handphone doesn't beep as often as yours leh." After the movie ended, we went to the food fair at around 5.30pm.
(there might be some error in direct translation from mandarin to english)

Searching for seats became our first priority and it wasn’t long before we found one. We met Johnson and Soon Ping at the food fair too; Johnson came with his friends while Soon Ping came with his family. During the evening, our group took turns to get the food we wanted while a few stayed behind to reserve the seats. After everyone filled their stomachs, our group was separated into groups of twos and threes, taking a walk in the garden, eyeing for ‘leng lui’ and so on. I was told that there will be fireworks at 9pm but was disappointed after the clock struck 9.30pm. In the end, we left the food fair and head back to the ‘HQ’ and had a casual chat till 10.

Again I express my thanks to Jeffrey for becoming our driver for today. My head is empty right now, can’t seem to find the missing parts.


No comments: