Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fathers' Day

When I was:
Four years old: My daddy can do anything.
Five years old: My daddy knows a whole lot.
Six years old: My dad is smarter than your dad.
Eight years old: My dad doesn't know exactly everything.
Ten years old: In the olden days, when my dad grew up, things were sure different.
Twelve years old: Oh, well, naturally, Dad doesn't know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.
Fourteen years old: Don't pay any attention to my dad. He is so old-fashioned.
Twenty-one years old: Him? My Lord, he's hopelessly out of date.
Twenty-five years old: Dad knows about it, but then he should, because he has been around so long.
Thirty years old: Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks. After all, he's had a lot of experience.
Thirty-five years old: I'm not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad.
Forty years old: I wonder how Dad would have handled it. He was so wise.
Fifty years old: I'd give anything if Dad were here now so I could talk this over with him. It was a terrible mistake that i hadn't appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him.

Writer Unknown

I have two fathers, Yes, TWO fathers. It is very weird isn't it?
How can I possibly have two fathers? Well, the answer is simple.
My first father is my Lord and Shephered, the maker of our earth.
My second father is the one who made it possible for me to see this world.

I recalled the title 'A hero whom I admire' from a classmate of mine in Oral Communications class during Public Speaking. He mentioned that the hero he admire is his dad.

My dad, a hero of mine, someone whom I respect more than anyone else. He had done so much for me yet what can I do to repay him?
When I am four, I stepped into the nursery for the 1st time, I cried and cried because I had to leave my parents and let other people took care of me. I vomitted non-stop too. In the end, my parents took a day off to accompany me.
When I am seven, My dad accompany me to my primary school, including my mum. Until I am settled down, only then they said goodbye to me and told me that they will be waiting for me before my school ends. :)
When I am eight, There was one time when I met with bullies (primary 5 to 6 i think) while waiting for my dad to fetch me. They surrounded me for no reason and asked me to say sorry (WTH, why should I say sorry when I had done nothing wrong? ) My dad came and asked me what happened. I told him everything and he asked me if I want him to scold them. I just said no and let's leave this place. My dad glared at them and that's the last time I see those bullies.
When I am thirteen, entering my secondary school. He gave me money to buy all the necessary items needed for secondary school and told me to study hard, he will take care of all my financial needs. Time after time, He bought new school uniforms and shoes for me because the old ones are either torned or too small for me as I grow up.
When I am seventeen ( eighteen soon), He paid for my college fees and all my financial needs again. Though I told him that I want to use my own money to pay, he refused and paid everything for me again. Told me to save my own money for lunch and to tell him if I do not have enough money with me.

During the seventeen years in my life, he worked hard and sacrificed a lot for my family. Just to get me and my brother to be educated and have a better life in the future. There are countless things that he had done for me alone, without including what he had done for my brother and my mum. After I finished reading that poem written by someone unknown, I felt so heavy in my heart. The author is right, in our young age, we believed that our dad is our hero everytime. During our teenage years to adult years, we tend to go our own way and stop listening to our dad's advice. Thinking that we are better than they are. But the fact is, we are wrong, very wrong. My dad used to say "The salt i ate is more than the rice you ate." when i disagree with him on a certain issue like the time when i had a GF, he told me not to waste my time on girls as it would be puppy love. I refused to listen. 2 years later, we broke up. In the end of the day, I was wrong, he was right. How I wished I had listened to his advice earlier. A father wants to see his children successful in their future, in career and family.

Although I do quarrel and argue with my dad sometimes, I know he loves me and knows the best for me. There are times that I hurt him deeply and there is nothing I can do to heal the wounds in his heart. Regret, is the word I always use once something is over. He would say "Look towards the future, never turn back to the past."

This is for you dad
He's the grandest of men to have lived on this earth,
He's not royal by stature or birth.
He's a man of great dignity, honor and strength.
His merits are noble, and of admirable length.
He's far greater than all other men that I know,
He's my Dad, he's my mentor, my friend and hero.

I'll stop writing now. Although you do not know about my blog and read my blog dad, deep in my heart I want to apologize for all the mistakes I had done in your eyes, from the day I see this world till today. Dad, I love you very much. Happy Father's Day!

No comments: