Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone, many would assume that this day is only for couples and those who are single will likely felt left out and sad. Couples of course would go for candlelight dinner, sending flowers, exchange of gifts and doing romantic stuffs etc. Singles aren’t left out also; they could get together for a movie or a dinner or even couple up (as if that would happen).
I wonder why guys send flowers to girls on Valentine’s Day. I thought it should be the other way round; on Valentine’s Day, girls will send chocolates to the guy they like. Then on White Day, which is March 14th, only then men are expected to return the favor to those who gave them chocolates on Valentine’s Day.

Anyway, here’s a Valentine poem you might like to give to your loved and cherished ones,

I do believed that the Lord above
Created You for Me to love
He picks You up from all the rest
Because He knows I Love You best…
I have a heart and that is true
That it was given from Me to You
So care for it like what I do
For I have mine and You have too…

When I go to heaven and You’re not there
I’ll wait for You on the golden stair
But if You’ll not come on the judgment day
I knew You went the other way
So I’ll return my angel wings
My golden lamp and everything
To prove to You my love is dear
I’ll go with You wherever You go…

Yes, I took this poem from the picture in my blog. It was a Valentine poem after all.

Edit: I was told that White Day is only a marketing effort in Japan only.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

White Day is a marketing effort, only in Japan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I remember you wrote this for me 2 yrs ago ?

Best wishes, Qing

Wei Liang said...

Thanks QE. Yes, that's the poem I wrote for you only. Time really flies right? In a blink of the eye, 2 years had passed.

All the best from me, WL