Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yawn...

I did not sleep last night. Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t as I kept waking up after closing my eyes for 1 or 2 hours. I stole a few hours of sleep at noon before going out for a movie with my friends. Around 1430, I received a call from Jeff. The only words I heard from him was inform SP, SW, ZW and Robert that we will be watching movie at 1630 and to be at the cinema at 1615 because I was only half-awake.

I purposely called my dad home to send me to the cinema and we left home at around 1600. On the way, my parents asked me “Isn’t that Jeff’s car?” then I realize that I must have missed what he had said earlier to me at 1430 about picking me up. I apologized to my dad and hop on to Jeff’s car and whispered a quick goodbye to my parents before going off. Luckily he did not mind. During the journey to the cinema, my friends said luckily they came earlier, if not things would have messed up.

The movie we watched was Death Note 2: The Last Name. “The human whose name is written in this note shall die.”Light Yagami is an elite university student and a genius. When a shinigami (God of Death) dropped 'Death Note' on Earth, Light picks it up and decides to keep it.

With his father being a police inspector, Light has a strong sense of justice and is determined to wipe out all criminals using the Death Note. Dispersing justice obsesses him and he envisions himself as a god in the crimeless utopia he plans to create. As criminals continue to die in unexplainable ways, people start saying that it's the work of a 'messiah' who they call, Kira.

International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO) deploys its best 'weapon,' L, the genius investigator to solve the mystery. L's superior intelligence seems a sure bet in cornering Kira. Light evades L though, by utilizing his intelligence and the mysterious power of the Death Note. As attempts to catch Kira become more elaborate, Light makes a daring move. He devises a way to be part of the 'Kira Task Force' with his identity concealed. But L has been waiting for this opportunity. Light and L finally meet. Now their psychological duel enters a new phase. Whoever is careless for even a split second will lose.

While the geniuses are busy dealing with each other, another Death Note drops to Earth. Rem, a shinigami, brings the second notebook and Misa Amane comes into possession of it. She is a pop star and a Kira worshipper. Now becoming a Kira herself, she accepts the offer to have the Eyes of the Death. With the Eyes of the Death, one can know the name of any person without being told.

With this special ability given by the Eyes of the Death, Misa offers to work with Light.
Together they intend to find the true identity of L so that his name can be written in the Death Note. But L intervenes with their scheme and succeeds in capturing Misa. Light surrenders so that he can be nearer to Misa. But of course, he has incredible plans to turn around the situation with the Death Note.

Sakura Television Broadcasting has made a name with its sensational Kira coverage. Kiyomi Takada is one of the news journalists who have been following the case for a long time. One day her life alters forever when she becomes the third person to possess the Death Note.With the disclosure of the new rules of the Death Note, the mystery becomes so complex that even the geniuses Light and L are perplexed. Amongst this chaos, only one person sees through the whole thing. Wondering who will win and who will die? The answer is written in Death Note 2 the Last name! Go watch it!

The ending is not what the majority wanted including me, even though I knew how it would end before watching the movie. The movie lasted for almost 2 and ½ hours, I wanted to answer nature’s call during the climax of the movie but resisted till the end because I do not wish to miss any part of the story.

Offtopic: Erika Toda is a beauty!

We met up with Ah Seng, ZW, KT, DL and ES. Everyone including me tried out archery. RM3 for 12 arrows, it’s worth a try. In return for the experience in archery, I was rewarded with a couple of bruises on my left arm because I had no idea how to attach the arrow to the bow and fire it. We had our dinner at Tun Jugah after using up all the arrows.

After everyone filled their stomachs, we went to the lifts as Jeff’s car was in B2 floor, Tun Jugah car park. Somehow, the lift we went in to was jammed and the door won’t close no matter how hard we press the ‘close’ button. There were 2 young ladies going into the lift too and waited patiently for us to press the ‘close’ button. It was futile. In the end, we (all 7 together) headed off to another lift and luckily it worked. But the drawback was that the lowest floor the lift could reach is the 1st floor. One would have to take the stairs if he/she does not want to wait.

We walked towards a path that leads to 2 doors which we thought were the stairs. Instead, it was for authorized personal only and we had to turn back. The two girls were following us blindly all the way all the way. They decided to take the lifts and we guys took the stairs. On the way down to the basement floor, Chen said something like “later the girls will follow us into the car.” Unfortunately, the stairs only reached the 1st basement floor and not the 2nd one so we waited for the lifts. Luck was on our side as the arrow pointing downwards appeared in the panel of the lift.

When the lift’s door opened, we saw those 2 girls again and they were giggling and we laughed, somehow. It was quite a funny and silly moment to me because we could just wait awhile for the lift since that’s the only way down to basement 2 besides taking the long walk of circling around the car park to reach our target.

The next few hours were spent in Dotcom CC. Despite the popularity of the CC, it was my first time stepping into it. The games played were DotA, CS, SDO and some other unidentified online games. I chose not to play as I was not familiar with the PCs. My friends played a round of DotA using –spar mode as all the players are friends. From here, one would comment that a tiny mistake can change the tide of the game. The Sentinels were being overpowered by the Scourge all the while and had lost 2 out of the 3 sides of their base.

Personally, I’d praise Chen for his extremely high morale. Despite one of the players in Sentinel complaining that there’s no hope to play on. He played on, throwing all he had with him even though the odds of winning are 5 out of 100. In the end, the Sentinels won the game. The Scourge was only 1 or 2 seconds slower to snuff out the life from the World Tree. Besides Chen, the credit also goes to Jeffrey, Aaron and the other 2 players for putting up such a fight.

I had to go back home earlier as I forgot to take out my house keys. Sigh.

No comments: