Thursday, January 04, 2007

A case of thievery... again.

Yesterday, during one fateful noon, some jerk smashed the window of Jeff’s car and escaped with a PSP and around 800 Ringgit. Those items stolen belong to Jin Thad, another friend of mine. It happened in the compound of Swinburne! Can you believe that? Either the security guards were slacking or useless or they were the thieves of the missing items reported over and over since the last few months when the renovation began. The same thievery case happened to another colleague of mine few months ago, the item stolen was a laptop and the window panes was shattered by some barbaric brutes.

It must have been hard to accept it even though he still laughed and played around and he seemed unaffected by the theft when I met him after I finished my Malaysian Studies class. Indeed it was a stressful day – slept at 0400 even though I have a mid-term test for Malaysian Studies at 1330; I forced myself to wake up at 0830, not to study but to play some games and read books till 1130 then only I have the mood to run through the pages of the Malaysian Study text book.

I went to campus with Kelvin at 1300 and did some final revision before entering the exam room. The time limit for the test is 1530; even so, I saw a friend of mine, Vincent, left the exam room after 10 minutes. Maybe he studied well and the test was nothing to him. Nevertheless, I took around 30 minutes to finish the paper. Well, not totally. There are a few sections that I left blank as I had no idea what the question is talking about. During the next 20 minutes, one by one, the students came out and began to talk in unison on the questions. There were some debates on the answers of the question too.

After my usual gang came out, we went to the lounge for card games, monopoly and carom to burn the remaining 3 hours before our tutorial class at 1730. We skipped MS lecture at 1530 because no one was in the mood to listen to the lecture. I was told that our lecturer, Mr. Bujang actually gave answers to students who asked him on the questions of the test.

Are lecturers allowed to do so? That’s something new to me…

2 comments:

NSDS3HvLDjJd said...

If the administration knew of this, the lecturer can kiss his teaching position in Swinburne good bye.

And I just have to ask this: was the item placed at the back seat?

Wei Liang said...

I'm not sure about the position of the stolen item, it should be somewhere visible IMO since the thieves only targetted the PSP and the cash. Nothing else was taken away.

The receptionist in level 1 did mentioned that that lecturer was very kind and nice...