Thursday, November 20, 2008

Challenging myself

This will be my last entry until finals are over...

Here's a simple joke to entertain you all.

3 Little Pigs


One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs to her class. She came to the part of the story where the first pig was trying to accumulate the building materials for his home.

She read, "...and so the pig went up to the man with the wheel barrow full of straw and said, "Pardon me sir, but may I have some of that straw to build my house?"

The teacher paused then asked the class, "And what do you think that man said?"

One little boy raised his hand and said, "I think he said 'Holy Sh!t! A talking pig!'"

The teacher fainted.




Credits: Fartermissile

*******


The remaining days before finals can be counted by any single hand - 4 (nearing 3) days left.

That marks the 4th day without touching any computer games at all. Sure, anyone can do that easily but that's totally different for me.

I started playing DOS games like Pacman and Digger when I was 3 years old and had been playing games till now.

I find it hard to not touch games for even a single day. But for the sake of finals, I gave in and challenged myself to not touch games during the remaining 1 week + 3 days (for final exam).

From here I can understand those who are alcoholic - You want to stop but you can't bring yourself to.

For gameaholic people like me, it's easy to not touch any games. The hard part is to suppress the urge within you when you see others playing and you know that you want to join in too. So far, I have been able to resist it and hope that I have the willpower to continue on.

So.. To everyone who knows me, feel free to give me a slap or a punch if you see me playing any computer games within this 1 week.

Thanks! ^ ^

No comments: