Saturday, September 13, 2008

Forgiven n' forgotten

Thoughts to self: I wish I will only live till the age of 70. Losing control of your own body is a very scary thought indeed.

Speaking of that…

Why do men die first? This is a question that has gone unanswered for centuries, but now we know. It requires a bit of explanation, first:

If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race ... you're a male chauvinist.
If you stay home and do the housework ... you're a pansy.

If you work too hard ... there's never any time for her.
If you don't work enough ... you're a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay ... this is exploitation.
If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay ... you should get off your lazy behind and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her ... that is favoritism.
If she gets a job ahead of you ... its equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks ... its sexual harassment.
If you keep quiet ... its male indifference.

If you cry ... you're a wimp.
If you don't … you're an insensitive bastard.

If you make a decision without consulting her ... you're a chauvinist.
If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy ... that's domination.
If she asks you ... it's a favor.

If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear ... you're a pervert.
If you don't ... you're gay.

If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape ... you're sexist.
If you don't ... you're unromantic.

If you try to keep yourself in shape ... you're vain.
If you don't ... you're a slob.

If you buy her flowers ... you're after something.
If you don't ... you're not thoughtful.

If you're proud of your achievements ... you're full of yourself.
If you don't ... you're not ambitious.

If she has a headache ... she's tired.
If you have a headache ... you don't love her anymore.

If you want it too often ... you're oversexed.
If you don't ... there must be someone else.

Now why do men die first? Because they want to.


*******

If I say I love alan out of the blue. I’m positive that every reader will think that I turned into a gay.

Rest assured, I’m still straight.


There you go, the name ‘alan’ can also be used by women too even though it is like one in a million.

Actually, I saw her album in DDL websites long ago but ignored it because I wasn’t interested in a singer that I have no idea of, and a guy some more. Until a comment by a downloader caught my eye saying something like: “alan does have a entrancing voice, thank you for uploading it”.

I was wondering what is so entrancing about a guy’s voice so I downloaded one of alan’s album out of curiosity. Lo and behold, instead of a guy’s voice, I heard a gal’s voice. That’s when I became interested in her songs. The reason is because she possesses a powerful but gentle voice, not forgetting that she is a beauty too.

She sang both Chinese and Japanese songs, including one of my favorite few years back - 遇见. Although the original singer is 孫燕姿, the one sang by alan isn’t too bad too.

Even though she is not as popular as other J-pop stars, I’m positive that she will become well known one day.


*******

It seems like whatever I do is always wrong, is it wrong for me to shut my old self? One who is always very direct and unforgiving to the current me - who always kept quiet and very forgiving, who always tells himself that someday he will change that attitude of his?

Put yourself in my shoes and you will realize just how much effort I put in from then till now to endure that attitude of yours. You are already 20 this year - an adult. Can't you be more responsible of yourself?

Well whatever, do as you please. Put the blame on me, curse me. Anything! Know that this is how life works - "Do unto others what you want others to do to you; What goes around, comes around."

Until this point, if you still think I am purposely blogging this entry to stab you from the back and now you want to write back with your flames, think again. I am but just pointing out the facts. If you disagree with what I am writing here, just leave.

I'm tired of it already, if you won't change, then there's no point in it anymore.

Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be.

Edited to prevent further misunderstandings.

6 comments:

tiDus88 said...

wah lau, I curse, I blame, but dont simply add oil. since when i backstab u??? Since when i turn the gang against you?

You go ask around la, u ask them i got ask them not to talk to u or not. Dun cincai say me. Like you said, if you never look for them, dont expect them to look for you.

Luckily got ppl tell me to come see see.

Wei Liang said...

Its just a saying that meant anything might happen.

Those are just a few examples, given the current situation I am facing now, didn't you think the same way too back then?

I'll take off those that are not related then. Just in case some asshole comes in and stir more fire.

Enough now, you don't have to reply anymore. There's no need to attract unwanted attention again.

tiDus88 said...

You have to understand something about me.

I curse, I blame, and i beh song, but I wouldnt call everyone to beh song you. I only will complain about you, but i never order any of my friends to oppose people i beh song. And lastly, I wouldnt backstab my friends no matter how much i hate him.

kk chao

Wei Liang said...

To be honest, I was waiting for flames. Instead this is what I get.

You've changed, at least through the way you post. Whether you like it or not, it has seeped into you.

I lost a friend, but at least I saw him change for the better good as a consolation.

Fair enough.

Anonymous said...

can send me the 遇见 ? thx :)

Wei Liang said...

Sure Qing, give me a nudge if I am not responding when you're online..