Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Changing for the better or for worse?

While doing some ‘spring cleaning’ on my computer files, I screwed up again by deleting the wrong registries. Causing Microsoft Office to malfunction and had to uninstall and reinstall all of the office pack again.

*******

Last Saturday, I joined my ex-classmates for a BBQ planned one week ago.

Had fun? Not really. So much for 7 bucks.

Most of them had changed. In the way they dress themselves, their attitude, behavior and many more.

So, how was the BBQ night? – Two words: No comments.

I was told that it will start at 7pm so I reached the destination 5 minutes before 7 and Guess what? There wasn’t anyone until 7.20pm. Never mind that.

The total time taken to prepare the fire is 2 hours (waited for half an hour for the charcoal). There are at most 5 people starting the fire while the rest sits in a circle and gossip among one another. Again, never mind that.

What I cannot stand is the way they talk, just staying in the same spot for less than an hour and you can hear foul languages flying like it is something very common. What surprises me even further is that no one even took the initiative to stop it, worse still; some even join in – girls included. For me, I admit that I do use those foul languages once in a while to vent my anger, but them? They used it like there’s no more tomorrow.

Besides that, quite a number of them also took up smoking. Yes, smoking. I was surprised that the young ladies also smoke. Well, it’s alright for them to smoke if they think it is right, maybe it is a way for them to release stress. One of the lecturers once said that: “Suicide is wrong, so is smoking. It is because you are killing yourself slowly.”

The only thing that amuses me is that a few of them were rushing to snap photos for their blog. Quoting Alan: “blogger addicts.”

The only reason I went to the BBQ was because I wanted to meet a god sister of mine and some friends whom I kept in touch with. Sadly, none of them came, except my god sister.

1 comment:

~Laura~ said...

well, ppl do change oh.. how come so late 1.. not in time.. aiks.. so sickening.. late for so long somemore.. all of them lidat ar??