Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mini-update II

Sometimes, seeing the same title over and over again for beauty pageants might become boring so someone made a new title for them, a unique one:


Do you want that title? :)

*******

Dad took me to OneTJ yesterday to buy 2 x 2GB RAM for my laptop.

Upon purchasing, I have the doubts that the two pieces of ram might not be suitable for my laptop. (Not suitable will result in Blue Screen of Death aka BSOD)

So we told the worker over there that we wanted to try installing the ram right on the spot in case the ram is incompatible.

Then the worker called a technician to come over to install the new RAM. He managed to remove the old RAM but the moment he installed the new one… PAK! It’s like something just snapped. Both me and my dad look worried and interfered to ensure that no damage is done to the slot or to the RAM.

I decided to install the 2nd piece myself (which is under the keyboard) since I did install it for Kelvin many months back. Halfway through disassembling my laptop, I met Tony who came to collect information for his project/report.

After the installation, dad told me to boot up the laptop to ensure that the RAMs are working.

Good news is that all went well, nothing is damaged, at least it’s not visible to the naked eye.

Bad news is that my OS only detects 3.5GB of ram where it should have been 4GB.


This is the reason why I wanted new RAMs so badly, the price just keeps on increasing since the model is old and not mass-produced like before. Also, I'm going to format my laptop to Windows 7 and might need more RAM to optimize performance. (Just playing safe)

Time for a major cleanup, I’ve not formatted my laptop for more than a year. Lots of data and pictures to sort out, many to be thrown away. If one cannot let go of the old, how can one welcome the new?

1 comment:

carbunclon said...

They are alot of betrayers trying to make fun with people, but they forgot how people feel. The gossip never ended in our lives (not them). Try to ignore them because they are too "selfish" and "cold-hearted" but not *YOU*.
U don't have to change ur kindness. U have to become U. If you try to change urself bcos of them, this is not worth it. Just keep a distance with them, or lost contact with them (like u did).
Just stay with people who u like & comfort with them. U will automatically feel free and happy!

Got it? Haha~
Wish u Happy Always XD and
All the best.

:D