Sunday, December 31, 2006

Welcoming 2007

A warm welcome to the year 2007. Much had happened during the past few days when I stopped blogging for almost a week. I’ll just throw everything I remember into this post.

On the 23rd of December, my family held a Christmas dinner for my relatives. Jeffrey called me not too long ago, inviting me out for dinner but my dad told me that he had prepared a large portion of food; I apologized to Jeff as I could not join him. My aunt from Miri bought food from KFC and that alone already cost RM70++. The reason she bought that much was because one of my aunts kept pestering her saying that there would be at least 15 people coming, which includes my grandparents. And in the end, less than 10 arrived.

One of my aunt complained that we had not waited for her when she herself told us to go ahead while another of my aunt was sleeping (sleeping at such hour? Wtf). Never mind that, an adult(the aunt I mentioned who pestered my aunt from Miri) can also be so fucking careless and spill one whole glass of syrup. Just imagine the mess and I had to clean up the mess while she just stand there doing nothing. Seriously, that screwed my mood for a Christmas dinner.

I declared to my parents that I regretted staying for the dinner and rather went out with my friends because nobody enjoyed the dinner, it became just an ordinary dinner stink with irritation and annoyance without any special meaning behind it.

On the 24th of December, I was told that Jeffrey was organizing a Christmas party for the choir club on the 25th. Kelvin, Chen and I helped Jeff to prepare all the necessary items needed for the party; we even bought a large toy hammer for the fun of it. Jeff would be the game master while Chen would be the OmniKnight (taken from DotA – the hero with the hammer the size of his height). Not only do we have to thank Jeff for making this gathering successful, we have to thank his dad too for taking the trouble to transport the plastic chairs, providing 2 boxes (is it call boxes?) of drinks – Coke and 7up and many more.

On the 25th, we went to nearby departmental stores to get all the items needed which includes butter and honey, 4kg of chicken wings and leek for BBQ; balloons for decoration and games. Those who came for the party was Kheng Seng aka Ah Seng, Irene, Martin, Keith, Guang Yang, Eric, Yee Kai, Kwong Siong, Aldrin, Judieth, Pauline, Siew Yong, Esther, Jacq, Chen, Jeff, and Kelvin. Laura, Shirley and Pei San could not make it. (Did I write anyone’s name wrongly? If I did, please correct me.)

Approximately 1900, Jeff asked me to accompany him to take the food he had ordered from a restaurant not too long ago, all he said to the person in charge was: Please prepare those food enough for 20 people. ; Guang Yang and Keith came along too to help out. We assumed that the total cost of the food (Noodles, Vege, and 2 kinds of meat) should not exceed RM100, but to our horror, the receipt showed a staggering amount of RM252! That scared the hell out of Jeff because he had not brought that much money with him, luckily Guang Yang had a hundred with him while Jeff paid the rest. He told us not to let others know about the cost of the food until the next choir meeting which we obeyed quietly.

I’m glad everyone enjoyed the food and the games. Chen damaged the hammer when he smacked someone too hard on the backside during the time for games and caused the toy hammer to lose one of its head. Everyone laughed hysterically for around 10 minutes before everyone settled down again.

I hope I don’t miss out anything… Year 2007 is coming in real soon. a 6GB download took me 4 days and 3 hours to complete. I’m glad that my entire torrent downloads (which includes 2 episodes of Crescent Love) are completed. There was a sudden increase in download speed and I wouldn’t want to miss that chance, which means I have to give up my chance to get into bs3 and have a few games with my clan mates.

Crescent Love's ending is a cruel but happy one. I'm glad that it was, if not I would have wasted months for nothing. I've noticed that Tatsuya pinch Feena's nose almost every episode, a new method of courting a girl? Who wants to try that out? :D

Recently an earthquake happened in Taiwan and caused a small number of casualties and quite a number were injured. Somehow nobody took notice of the victims of the earthquake and complained over and over saying that the earthquake had ruined their internet connection and download speed. All my friends complained were the internet speed and none even showed any concern to the victims of the catastrophe. I wonder why? Is the internet more important than human life?

No comments: