Friday, December 15, 2006

The incoming event

Morning approximately 0720, Jeffrey called and told me that he and Jin Thad will be coming to pick me up for breakfast and head off to campus. During that moment I was still having my sweet dreams until my HP rang non-stop. They reached my house when I was still in my towel, they were asked to come in and have a seat while I put on some clothes before leaving for breakfast. They took a look at the digital piano of mine when I greeted them and the three of us agreed that it wasn’t possible to put the whole instrument into Jin Thad’s car.

What happened actually? It began yesterday afternoon when Irene smsed to notify me about the digital piano stuff – my dad agreed to lend the piano for the open day presentation few days ago. I thought it was for the open day only so I confirmed that it would not be a problem. After Jeffrey smsed me again last night telling me that I have to bring the piano tomorrow, everything seemed very far to me and I was troubled. Some rough measurements were measured before I smsed Jin Thad to see if the piano would be able to fit into his car or not. My dad was worried about the handling of the piano as he doesn’t want a single scratch on it. Before they see the actual piano, it was able to fit in. Maybe my rough measurements were incorrect, but after they see the real instrument. They conclude that it will definitely not fit in Jin Thad’s car.

Nevertheless, we went for our breakfast at BDC and headed to Jeffrey’s house after we finished our meal. Jeffrey requested his dad to use a van to ship the piano from my house to Swinburne and back home to my house again… Thanks a lot Jeffrey! The choir club will present a dance and a choir presentation during Swinburne’s open day. The instrumental presentation was cancelled I think, it’s because the pianist and the person-in-charge had not came in one mind regarding the instruments used for the instrumental presentation. The person-in-charge wanted the pianist to use a keyboard, but the pianist wanted to use a digital piano/piano because the touch is different, so is the range of the keys.

In the end, it was decided that I’ll take my piano home and use the keyboard. Well, it sounds fine to me as I do not wish them to carry the digital piano all the way to the 5th floor without a single scratch on it. We did practice on the ‘ca ca’ dance and singing ‘joy to the world’ the presentation will definitely be a fruitless one because the instrumental presentation took up most of the presentation time.

The open day starts at 0800 till 1600 if not mistaken. Don’t miss it. Jacq, if you are reading this… remember to come ok? The presentation will not start until you arrive! XD

Offtopic: I experienced a high-heel shoe down on my bare foot for the first time today though it was an accident during the ‘ca ca’ dance. It hurts awhile but there wasn’t any marks left on my foot.

1 comment:

NSDS3HvLDjJd said...

Hmm... the Devil wears Prada, the Man barefooted? :P