Wednesday, December 13, 2006

An unexpected event

It was around 1030 when I received a call from Jeffrey. The 1st thing he asked me was, "why didn't you answer my phone call?" (In mandarin). Only then I realize that I had left my phone in the other room (my parent's room) and I was in my own room. I was shocked when he told me that we have to do our presentation today and we were to arrive at 1130 the latest.

I cancelled all my incoming tasks and began to look for my black formal wear (sort-of-MIB wear) needed for the presentation. To my horror, my mum told me that it was still hanging outside (washed this morning). Nevertheless, the shirt and pants was ironed over and over till it was possible to be used. Headed off to Kelvin's house at 1110 and reached the campus at around 1120. A quick warm up was initiated, led by our conductor - Irene.

Before it was our turn to present, the staffs played 2 games if not mistaken. The first is pass-the-box or w/e it is. Basically, the music plays on, and you pass a box to the one beside you till the music stops. The one holding the box will have to be punished by doing some action unknown to me. That’s all I get when enquiring with my lecturer. The 2nd game is Left, Right. All the staffs were given a present to hold with, then, the MC will read out a story with LOADS of left and wrights (right). It was chaos, why so? It's because there's one staff holding almost 9 presents (due to the confusion of left and right and had no time to pass the presents but to collect them only) and everyone burst into laughter.

Finally it was our turn to present. The 1st song was 'We wish you a Merry Christmas', the 2nd song was 'Joy to the World', and the 3rd song was performed by Judieth and Madam Maggie – ‘This December’ it was such a sweet and peaceful song. The final song was ‘Feliz Navidad’ it was alright in the beginning but somehow we messed up a little on the ending part. Luckily it went well and the staffs were pleased.

Had lunch at HK noodle house in Saberkas before heading home.

No comments: