Monday, June 26, 2006

Some changes for my blog

I spent a few hours wondering how to modify my blog by adding more features/items or whatever-you-name-it. With the help of Kimmie-san, I added a counter and a tag-board to my blog. (Thanks Kimmie)

One more week to my semester exams.

Are you prepared?
No.

Are you nervous?
Yes.

Are you confident?
Not really.

Which subject do you like most and why?
OCaP and RfAP. Because I have a love for english I guess...

No more questions to question myself. Oh well, since my semester is ending soon. I might as well describe my lecturers and express my thanks to them for teaching all the students under them.

Miss Melinda Kong, my OcaP and RfAP lecturer. She's a gentle and kind lecturer. Very helpful and friendly, one of the reasons why I always approach her if I have problems in my assignments, especially on OCaP. Never had I seen her angry before, and a big smile always follows her wherever she go. I always look forward to her classes, so are my friends and newfound friends.

Miss Adriana Lai, my Physics A lecturer. A genius in physics and mathematics. Very helpful and friendly too. I did approach her a few times regarding my physics lab report and she's always willing to guide and help. She gave an extra class to the whole class because she wants to make sure she completes the syllabus for the subject she teaches.A very responsible and great teacher I say.

Miss Voon Li Li, my Engineering Maths A (EMA) lecturer. A jolly and kind lecturer. Very helpful and friendly like the lecturers I mentioned earlier. She gave us a lot of tutorials (Slightly too many questions) so that we will understand and improve in the topics she covered. She gave us extra tutorial classes on Fridays and Saturdays, handing down past year question papers for us to work on and guiding us when we are lost in the question. She will be leaving Swinburne for a period of time (if not mistaken) and won't be seeing us on the second semester =/ ah well, Swinburne will lose a lecturer. It may be nothing to the University, but it means a lot for the students taught by her...

Miss Grace Ting, my Finite Maths A (FMA) lecturer. A cheerful and serious lecturer. She does not get angry at all, well in a way. Her concept is: If you want me to explain the tutorial questions to you, you must try the question first. It does benefit all of us in the long run. After all in University, lecturers are not supposed to spoon-feed us like the teachers in primary and secondary school do. I do not wish to say this but, many students imitate what she always say when the class is out of control, which is "Total Silence Please". Of course, she never found that out or maybe she did found out that her students imitate her words but she doesn't care.

Miss Liza Kay, my Information Technology (IT) lecturer. A smiling and joker type lecturer. I was told that she's a very fierce lecturer by a friend of mine by his brother. But then, she doesn't look fierce at all. In fact, she's very helpful and friendly. There's one time when she helped me in my IT practical exam by telling me where to find this and that although it's an exam! Too bad a power failure happened during the exam and had to be postponed to this coming Wednesday. Well, I should be grateful to that blackout because there are a few parts of the question which I am not too sure about.

Not sure whether I will see the lecturers I mentioned above on my next semester, but I will definitely see Miss Grace Ting on the next semester, whether I fail my FMA or not because both FMA and FMB are taught by her. Besides the lecturers, I met many new friends in Swinburne too. I'll name those I can remember, for those I had not mentioned, its not that I do not recognize you as my friend but I have bad memory for names...

They are:
Robert, Shao Wee, Soon Ping, Johnson, Avery, Aaron, Yin Hou, Justin, April, Sheila, Autumn, Fung Yun, Laura, Irene, Clement, Charles, Vincent, Timothy, Ah Seng, Kenneth, Hillary, Sze Huang and many more...

I also met two more friends from Blueserver (Bs3). They are Chen and Jin Thad. Known as Alycez and Valppy respectively. I knew Chen first because he told me that it is easy to identify him by his mole when I chat with him in Bs3. Then I met Jin Thad in Bs3 forums when he started a thread on Swinburne University. We met up at an arranged time in front of Swinburne's cafeteria. He looked very familiar to me when I met him but I dismissed that thought. That night, Jeffrey told me Jin Thad is from Stampin Primary School too. Then I realized that he's my ex-classmate. The funny and nice part is, Chen and Jin Thad are cousins, and I know both of them through Bs3.

The world is a very small place. Agree?

3 comments:

PaNdA said...

oh.. i helped?

then.. you're welcome.. hahahah! ^_^

PaNdA said...

hey.... you found out how to broaden the 'entry' area! Good job!

Wei Liang said...

Thanks kimmie :D