Monday, May 14, 2007

Not to judge a book by its cover

Congratulations to Zhi Wei! Work hard dude, happiness is just a few steps away from you, whether you choose to accept it or not, we will always support you! All the best xD!

*******

I was struck dumbfounded today. I thought I was right whenever I started anything which will result in flaming another person. Instead, it turns out that I was wrong, very wrong. Someone had been fooling around with us impersonating another person. And I admit that I was the one who fell for it. I flamed the wrong person again and again.

It started some days ago when someone under the nickname of blah, anonymous, kk, **** u (he/she keeps changing nick once in awhile) started flaming Eric in his blog, spamming his comments and chatterbox section with negative comments and more negative comments.

Not that I was trying to be a busybody but one neutral post from me in the chatterbox resulted in a flame from the imposter against me; he used our names and flamed ourselves. View Eric’s blog for more information. Driven by my own pride, I flamed the imposter back with no vulgar words like how I always do usually by using words that bear the similar meaning of scolding someone in vulgar. Soon, someone pinpointed the most suspected person (the spamming of choir club’s chatterbox) and I followed blindly assuming that he was the one. Flames were exchanged daily until…

That innocent friend saw or heard about what had happened. He wasn’t pleased or rather he was mad about it. He started by explaining that it wasn’t him who did this and scolding us back, demanding a public apology at the same time. At first, I thought that was just another trick of his. Imagine this – he flamed us, and now he acted innocent, demanding for a public apology. Not only he gets away with the previous happenings, he also gets the last laugh.

Staying up late, I couldn’t sleep as I was bothered with that incident, a sudden twist in the tale which I had predicted would not go wrong. The words of Poh Meng Eng, the previous PK HEM of SMK Stampin kept ringing in my mind. It said “Let’s give them the benefit of doubt.” Those words kept bugging me until I finally gave in and I told myself, “Let’s give him the benefit of doubt.” I prayed to God for guidance, asking and hoping that everything will go smoothly when I approach him to present my apologies.

Again, God never failed to answer my prayers. When I saw him, I expect him to be angry and scold me for flaming him. Instead, he apologizes first before I said anything (though I wonder why he apologized to me, he was innocent all the way). Words of apology were exchanged and everything went on well. We talked like old friends and I was glad that he was his old usual self again.

Non-related I: It seems like almost everyone in our circle of friends owns a blog, many successors of the infamous Kenny Sia? xD

3 comments:

Eric said...

hohoho.. thank you weiliang for advertising my blog.. hahaha.. i bet johnson and avery will get jealous..

saykhia said...

Everything sudah settle then good liao lor =)

Anonymous said...

http://swinburnesarawakthetruth.blogspot.com/


go take a look!!!