Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Familiar faces

It was one hot sunny afternoon, ZW, Kelvin, Jeff and I went to our secondary school to collect our SPM certificate.

Maybe I had been ignorant or there were no changes in my old school. Before stepping into the ‘Pejabat AM’ to collect our certificate, we saw some old friends waving at us from the second floor. Waving back, we stepped in the office and collect the certs.

As we were leaving, I heard the familiar ‘Ah Pek’. I thought I was daydreaming so went on ahead. Someone called again. Turning back, our ex-classmates waved and told us to come up. We went up and spent quite awhile talking with them, exchanging our experiences of life in college and Form 6.

Those old faces: Alan, Alexander, Ai Sian, Daniel, Jonathan, Lung Wei, Timothy and Yun Shen. I almost slapped YS hard on the back but hold back because she is still a girl even though she asked me to treat her like a brother. When questioned how they were doing, Tim, the joker as usual said it was easy, everything is easy.

Me: “Really easy ar?”
Tim: “Yes, very easy one…, the tests are also easy.”
Me: *couldn’t believe my ears* “I thought many of you said it was tough?”
Tim: “Easy lah, once the results are out, only then…” *covers face like crying*
Me: “I see… so how many marks do you usually get?”
Tim: “Single digit marks.”
Me: “Out of two digits?” (1-9 / 10)
Tim: “Out of three digits!” (1-9 / 100)

*Everyone laughed, including me =/ *

Well, Tim is right in a way. In an assessment, everything is easy; you have a pen/pencil so just throw in any answers you think of. But the moment the results are out, it wasn’t as easy as you thought it was…

Again we headed out and saw my bro standing in front of the hall and I gave him a wave before leaving for ZW’s ex-school. While in his school’s office, I saw one familiar face -Poh Meng Eng, our previous PK HEM is now a PK I in SMK Kuching Town.

Reminds me of the time in Form 4 when someone and I gave out answers to two person during an English test and was labeled as cheating in exam. Well, we went to look for her and pleaded innocence. Guess what, she agreed to help us even though we were wrong. “Let’s give them the benefit of doubt.” Was all she said to my English teacher and we were freed from accusation. From that day onwards, I learnt my lesson and will usually think twice before giving answers during a test.

Small world, isn’t it?

3 comments:

Eric said...

cheating during exam has been a traditional event in a student's life.. don't worry..

Wei Liang said...

Ah.. I felt better after hearing that. At least I'm not the only one.. ^ ^

Anonymous said...

My drill instructor said to me, "As long as you don't get caught, you're innocent and intelligent."