Sunday, February 04, 2007

This is what friends are for!

There will be a continuous 3 day exam starting from tomorrow and I’m still in front of my PC, shaking my legs. What the heck am I doing?

Actually we (Jeff, FY, Chen, SW, SP and I) wanted to study at the library yesterday but something happened out of the blue. SP’s car’s rear door rammed on to a Proton Waja’s tail light when he reversed his car and the owner of the Waja demanded for a new tail light. So Jeff, Chen and FY went to get a replacement while SP and SW went to fetch me.

All of us met at the 3rd mile SCR and had our lunch there. Then each of us gave word of encouragement to SP while waiting for our food as he looked extremely stressed and down. We all knew about his personal problems and we understood how he felt currently so it was decided that the five of us will pay for the tail light; SP excluded.

After lunch, we went back to my house as I had requested my dad to see if he could try to repair the dent on the rear door. Jeff went back home to collect his car polish and went to pass the tail light to the owner of that car. I took out my reference books (which I had taken earlier on when SP fetch me) and left them at the roof of my car. It turns out that it is not completely impossible to fix the dent but then without the proper tools, it is risky to fix the dent as it might even make the whole situation worse.

In the end, we went to a nearby mechanic which my dad is familiar with to enquire if he could repair the damage on SP’s car to hide the evidence that the car had ran into a minor accident. The mechanic told us that it is possible to repair the dent but it would cost over RM200+. He also said that if we were to ask him to just hammer the dent back to its original position, the rear door would be deformed and it would be even more obvious that SP’s car ran into an accident. In the end, SP said he will just let his mum know about it. I hope that his parents would be more understanding that as long as their son is fine, that’s all that matters and that they would not dig further into the problem and reprimanding him.

Finally Jeff, Chen and FY went to the library while SW, SP and I went back to our respective home. I searched high and low for my books and notes as I had taken them out earlier on but had not left them inside the house when we came back from lunch to have my dad to try to help out with the dent. It turn out that Chen took my books and I laughed at myself for not leaving the book inside the house earlier on.

The remaining hours of yesterday were used up on my grandparent’s house – both sides. It was my grandpa’s (dad’s side) birthday and all our relatives went to celebrate as he had planned a small dinner. I noticed my cousin had re-bonded (straighten) her hair and looked completely different from before but personally I felt that her previous hairstyle looks better than the latter (don’t tell her please =/). After dinner, we settled down for awhile and had conversations with our relatives. Went to my grandparent’s house (mum’s side) for weekly visits and I always collect some pocket money from my grandpa and aunties even though I kept refusing it. Knowing that it wouldn’t be polite to keep on refusing as they kept pushing the money back to me, I took it finally :p

But hey, I’m not money minded hor… ^ ^

No comments: