Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sigh...

Friday’s the day for all students taking LAN subjects to hand in their SIaLS task 2; it was no exception for me too. But somehow, the deadline had been changed to the coming Tuesday. Meaning to say that if a student hands in his or her work during Saturday to the coming Monday, he or she will still get the total marks of 8/100.

After my class had ended, I asked my friends to wait for me while I help my lecturer to carry the entire task 2 from other students in my class to her car. On the way, she told the main reason she came to teach part-time in Swinburne was to learn referencing herself. I guess the pay for all part-time lecturers are the same, no matter what qualifications one has – RM60 per hour fixed. Why had I said so? My previous EMA lecturer, Miss Voon also said she was paid RM60 per hour to teach us students.

After bidding farewell to her, I went back and joined my friends who were waiting for me in the lobby. We took a short while to think of a place for our dinner, in the end, we had decided to have it in Tabuan Jaya marketplace. Called Robert on the way and he tagged along too, Zhi Wei and Kheng Seng came too. I met my parents in the market and was slightly surprised. They came to get some cookies and cakes for tonight’s cell group meeting.

After we finished our meal, we headed over to High Vision CC and played an old time favorite game – CS for an hour. The sound of shouting and screaming overpowered the speakers of the PCs. After that, most of us had a glass of sugar cane before heading back to Swinburne to practice singing some mandarin songs for the upcoming February intake students. The training commenced and Robert used an old program – sound recorder to record our singing and did a playback, so it would be easier for us to locate our mistakes and correct them easily. I took my leave at around 2135 and reached home in a while.

I was downloading ‘The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi’ recently, thanks a lot Tung Ing for the torrent. Anwar passed me a DVD this afternoon, containing ‘The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi’ and all the soundtracks. He happened to met me last night in MSN and I told him about it, and was glad that he did have the anime I wanted. Even so, I left the torrent to download as it was nearly halfway done. As I am typing now, the download is reaching its final stages - 99.4%. The reason I download that anime even though I have the copy of the anime was because the disc was a DVD type. Few weeks ago, Soon Ping and Tung Ing both passed me Tsubasa Chronicles Series 1 and 2, and sadly, I couldn’t watch a single episode because I don’t have a DVD-rom and I’m not sure when will I be able to get my hands on one. =/

Around 0030, Shao Wee told me about Chen’s blog and express his disappointment towards the choir club, I couldn’t agree less. This entry is taken directly from the blog, nothing is altered.

Disappointed to Choir Club

Well... as part of the Choir Club staff members... I really
disappointed to the way Choir Club decide things... We keep singing... but we
dont realise that we are having internal problem too. The best example is when
we are having presentation, we always do things in last minutes. Giving me less
than 12 hours time to finish a power point works, practising a song in last
minute, and also creating unneccessary posts like powerpoint designer, singing
assistant, and more. Well... what can I do? lol... whatever opinions come out
from little people like us... will never get accepted. Well im out from the
staff members. i rather be normal member.
And one more last thing is a new
member who only attend the practise for 2 times, and now they are thinking to
elect her as leader... wow... what the hell is going on here? Have you ever
think of how the old members feel? and furthermore everyone doesnt like her at
all... talk so loud and act like a leader...i dont see any good things from her
besides shouting all the time... =.= and they still suggest her to be a
leader... gosh... i rather let her to be rubbish collector than be a leader
=.=

Not that I’m complaining but there are many things that I agree with Chen. For example, do things during the last minute. Well, the majority of Swinburne students do their work like assignments and tasks during the last minute, some even asked for an extension. The 2nd thing I would like to stress is my disappointment towards my superiors.
Chen:

How sad... jordan and Judieth are planning to elect her as saprano
leader... lol... dont you think our committee are giving too many nonsense
suggestions? like... powerpoint presentation designer, singing assistant ( laura
is going to be ) , electing unneccessary people, and others... actually we can
give these job to any of us right? and the troublesome Dual-sex human is dream
to be a leader, come on...? She can never be leader with that stupid F*CK
attitude. tulan...

This new member, whom I do not even give a damn to find out her name, is a pain to the eye. Whatever Chen had mentioned in the quote is true or not, I would hope for the latter. I do not disagree with those positions like powerpoint presentation designer, singing assistant and so on, actually, if we look it on the other side, these position gives more members a chance to hold a position in the club, which will likely raise their morale in a way, to make the members come more often, knowing that they had a position in the club. Well, that’s my POV.

What I disagreed with is this new member, who claimed to have lots of talents and experiences in singing is going to become one of the leaders. What I’m trying to convey in my message is not that I do not believe in what she says BUT the majority DISLIKES her. I'm sure that there are many who dislikes her but the majority kept quiet. Some Swinburne bloggers like me and Chen are likely to blog about our disappointment and disagreement of appointing her to be the head of us which is going to bring disunity among our members and wreck the choir club, completely. I had seen that she is already taking control – during practice, she tends to take lead and correct us, give instructions on this and that which I find it very annoying.

Imagine a junior coming from other state and joined the choir club after leaving her criticisms and is now trying to teach us how to sing. It's not a matter of pride or dignity that I dislike younger people to come and teach us; we have our own tutor, Irene. She is tenfolds better than you are! It is the moment she shouted at us all changed my view towards her completely. I had thought that maybe she wasn't that bad after all, giving constructive criticisms but shouting at your seniors is out of the mind.

Sometimes, I wonder why they would want to elect her to be a soprano leader. Her voice is so dry and old to begin with – a complete 180 degrees compared to the current soprano members. Anyway, IMPO, her voice doesn’t even blend in with the altos, what to say the sopranos? If our choir club happens to perform outside the campus again, I’m sure you could see the number of birds falling from the sky increasing steadily.

Well, like it or not, we can only obey our superiors. There is no point to go against them because of one f*cked-up attitude junior. I might change my mind, IF and ONLY she changes her attitude 1st. Like I had mentioned in my previous posts before; your position at the peak of a mountain and the head of a pack does NOT make you the ruler of the oceans. C’mon, it’s just your 3rd time attending the choir club practice and you are trying to be in charge? That’s some guts you have there.

3 comments:

NSDS3HvLDjJd said...

Who's your lecturer?

Wei Liang said...

Mdm. Lye Mei Yin

Eric said...

well, i have nothing good to say about miss bossy.. since irene is the superior one, we should give her full trust.. IF, irene were to asks us to listen to miss bossy(which i doubt it), there must be a reason behind it.. in this case, (i'll assume everyone agree with me that..)we are only following instructions only from irene, not DIRECTLY from miss bossy.. well, i'm leaving my options open.. to all readers of my comment, don't let a small fry causes us to suffer unhappiness.. =D