Saturday, January 27, 2007

A dream

Dreams, how does it really work? Does it link all the previous happenings all together into a piece and happen right before your eyes? According to Wikipedia, a dream is the experience of envisioned images, sounds, or other sensations during sleep. The events of dreams are often impossible or unlikely to occur in physical reality, and are usually outside the control of the dreamer.

After I rushed for my study info essay in the afternoon, I managed to finish it in the evening and played some games before having my dinner. After dinner, I felt like lying down on the bed and I did so. My eyes were still open and I’m wide awake, staring at the ceiling and thinking of what to say to my old friend if I met her again this Sunday. Suddenly, I went blackout and it was then the dream appeared to me.

That dream resembles nothing and I’m positive about it. I was thrown into a magnetized field like a time-portal which we always saw in sci-fi movies. I couldn’t move my body nor speak out a single word as I had no idea where I will be going to. Many weird people passed by including the faces of my friends and her.

Then, I was transported into a dark building, it looked like it had not been used for a very long time or it had been used but was never maintained. That place gives me the creeps as the surrounding looked like it was taken directly from the movie ‘Boo’. The building also had similarities with the hospital in the Tabuan Laru area as I had been into the hospital before except that it wasn’t lighted as it was supposed to be. The whole place was pitch-black and only a few lights worked but were flickering.

I only knew I was thinking of her and what to say to her before I reached here. Suddenly I saw the possessed lady from the movie ‘The Possessed’ appearing in front of me. Of course, I was taken aback. Considering what she might do as had happened in the actual movie. Strangely, she passed by without even stopping. Maybe she couldn’t see me. That was all I could think of.

I walked along the hallway alone and suddenly out of nowhere; I saw Kelvin, Jeff, Soon Ping and Shao Wee. I was wondering what they were doing here before I met Pauline, Esther and Jia Jia as the five of us walked down the hallway. Curiosity invaded me as I wondered why Robert and Siew Yong weren’t with their gang of friends. Soon Ping and Jeff were carrying their notebook with them as usual because he is the only one with the so called schoolbag that is bulging from behind and Jeff is holding his black bag with his right hand.

From then on, what happened later became blur to me. The few scenes I remembered was hearing someone teasing Pauline by saying the name of A., she had no response and suddenly disappeared into thin air. Strangely, we moved on without even looking for her. Then we came to a lift and Esther said she had to go. When the doors of the lift opened, there was no lighting inside the lift too – pitch-black like the whole building. Despite that, she stepped into the lift and wave goodbye to us continuously. Before the door closed, I knew I saw 2 dark bloody glowing eyes slightly above her staring at us and what horrified me was that the lift stopped at the 3rd floor and stopped moving.

Immediately, I realized this building is haunted. The scene from the movie ‘Boo’ all came to me at once. I recalled the whole movie and what happened to those people who ventured in – a gruesome death befall on them. Somehow, no one wanted to leave the building and went on, deeper into the core of evil itself. There was a stairway at the end of the path we headed. One could stare at the gap of the stairway and see nothing but darkness and a deep-red glow; it was as if the stairs were made for souls to travel to hell.

Before the stairway was a vending machine, a few of us were thirsty and went towards the vending machine. That machine does not accept any coins but notes only. We tried forcing a RM5 bill into it but it did not work. Then a piece of hell note appears out of no where and one of us used it on the vending machine reluctantly. The machine accepted the note and we pressed the drinks we wanted and there was an ear-piercing shriek. Something swift and massive was coming towards us and I fade into darkness again.

I woke up and wondered if I am already dead. I’m lying on something soft but not too comfortable. It was my own bed. It was 2300. The dream happened during 2030 to 2300. I only knew that some pieces of my dream came from the real world.

It was Thursday 1930; Kelvin, Jeff, Jin Thad and I were outside waiting for Francis. While waiting, Pauline, Siew Yong, Esther and Jia Jia along with their friends came out and waited at the lobby for their own respective cars. Someone teased Pauline on A. but she ignored it and went off with Siew Yong. I waved goodbye to Esther after Kelvin greeted her which I misunderstood it as a goodbye wave. She said she’s not going yet and my friends laughed at me. Jeff took us to Tabuan Jaya’s marketplace for dinner and while on the way home, we passed by the new hospital in Tabuan Laru area. He said that the movie ‘The Possessed’ happened here. So that explains why I had these in my dream.

I doubt I would be able to sleep right now while I blog this entry as I was still wide awake and my right kneecap colored in red. Usually, when I was afraid of something, I would purposely inflict pain on my right kneecap as there was a wound on it. Just squeezing the wound would not work even though it is painful. I had to use a needle or safety pin to pierce into my skin until the tip of the needle come out, only then I will pull the needle upwards. Blood and peach-colored substance came out together sometimes as the wound bursts. Only then will I overcome the feelings of fear within me. That was also one of the reasons why I am immune to pain even though I acted like I was in pain when my friends ‘greeted’ me with slaps on the back as I was already so used to severe pain and slaps to the back were nothing compared to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... dat was a pretty nice dream... n why u only could dream i carry my bag wif laptop inside??? haha...

Eric said...

well, i ever dreamed of omnislashing judieth.. a total of more than 16 hits.. and suprisingly, judieth get no damage.. hahaha.. i think i dota too much..

P/S: i'm not a pro like wei liang..

Wei Liang said...

Wow, did u tell her about it? I only dreamt of dota when i doze off in class sometimes.. >.<